Follow-up Appointment Letter
Follow-up appointment letters are very important to see whether you have achieved your intended goal. It shows your interest even after the service provided or the interview undertaken in the recent times. Follow-ups are very important if you want to pursue healthy relationship with the other party in the nearby future also.
Follow-up appointment letters can be written for many reasons but the most important reasons are:
- Interest shown after completion of the interview
- To restate the points raised in the meeting or a seminar
- To reinstate the benefits and qualities of the products and services and to tell about any additional offers that come along with the product this time
- To remind the reader of an appointment or a meeting
These tips can be helpful to write your letter of follow-up:
- Follow-up of an interview has to be done within 1 to 2 days of the interview.
- Reminders for the meetings and appointments have to be sent in advance, so that the reader can get enough time to meet his prior commitments. This also helps the readers to prepare for the meeting and take notes for the meeting, if any.
- You can take the advantage of these letters to restate the features and qualities of your products and services. You can negotiate the customers to buy your product, but you should not try to push too much.
- You can also restate any additional offers and benefits that come along with the product and service this time.
- After your interview has taken place, you can give the name and contact details of any reference that you think is suitable for the said job in the follow-up letter.
- The letter should be clear and to the point. Avoid writing long descriptions and complex words.
Here is a sample follow-up appointment letter:
June 17, 2010
New York, USA
Chief Executing Officer
XYZ Company Inc.
New York, USA
Dear Mr. Richards,
I would like to thank you for your valuable time for a meeting on May 29, 2010 to discuss the future business opportunities with our company. The meeting ended with some interesting points, which are beneficial for both of our companies. I am glad that we came on common terms for the much-awaited Farwell's project in that meeting.
Our MD, Mr. Joe Frasier will be in touch with you to set a follow-up appointment to discuss the terms and conditions of the agreement. We are also sending you the paperwork of the framework as decided by us.
I want to thank you once again for the meeting and you can also contact us at my office on 343-(354)-454 or any queries.
I look forward to work with you on this project.
Director, ABC Corporations
Above follow-up appointment letter is a very good example to state all the details of writing the follow-up letter. You can take the reference of this letter and write your own letter.