Non Profit Donation Letter
A Non profit organization strictly operates with the help of donations and charity. For such organizations the main aim is serving the people. These organizations do not operate to earn profits or have any hidden self gains. Their only gain is the blessings they get from the people they help. For such organizations, donation letters are very important. For example, if you are running a school you have certain profits here, but still you can ask donations for your school. However, in a non profit organization there is zero profit and only social service.
Tips for writing donations letters for non profit organizations:
- Language: You are asking for a monetary donation or a donation in kind, you must remember you are requesting someone. Also the reader has to be convinced to give you a donation. Use a persuasive language that will convince the reader and help you accomplish your task.
- Writing: Either write your letter in clear, legible writing or get it printed. The way you write will pose a picture of the professionalism and sincerity of the organization. Please do a spell check and grammar check before posting the letters.
- Format: Though you may know the donors very well and have a good rapport with the donor, make sure you draft a formal letter. Make the reader feels that he is actually someone very important and not just another guy.
- Proofread: You may be very good at English and grammar but there is no harm in getting your letter proof read by another person before mailing or posting it.
- Presentation: Using a letter head and getting your letter printed on it will be more presentable. Try it if you can.
These are some basic tips to remember while writing donation letters for your non profit organizations.
The sample non profit donation letter written below will be of great help for you.
Ms. Billy Bake
COO, ABC Ltd.
Dear Ms. Bake,
I would like to introduce my self and my organization. I am Megan Mox, a head volunteer with Fight Cancer- a non profit organization. I have been a part of this organization for past 4 years.
Fight Cancer, works to help cancer patients for medical treatment and also creates awareness about various types and causes of cancer. According to a repost published in Amsterdam News, the number of cancer patients will go up 4 times by 2012. There are many cancer patients who cannot afford treatments to cure cancer.
Fight Cancer has successfully helped 5000 cancer patients in the last 10 years to get rid off this deadly illness. All this has been possible only with the help of people like you. We have always been lucky to get support from such mascots of God.
It would be grateful of you, if you provide some monetary help for this cause.
Thanking you in anticipation.
In this letter the donor is new to this organization, thus, we have introduced the organization also. Second important thing is including the facts and figures in your letter. You can also attach some photos of past camps and services for reader's reference.