Guest Speaker Invitation Letter
Inviting a guest speaker to a conference or a meeting is a good choice when you want to make a good impression on the attendees. Guest speaker can also be valuable in providing a greater insight on your topic of the conference. Guest speaker invitation letter is written to formally invite a speaker to an event. Generally, guest speaker is a known and eminent person from the same field to justify the theme of the event.
Following important points to be taken in mind while writing the guest speaker invitation letter:
- The introduction part should include the admiration of the works of the speaker.
- All the details about the event need to be presented in 1 or 2 sentences. Details include the purpose of the event, the date, the time and the place of the event.
- The theme of the event should be stated clearly in the invitation letter. You can mention the topic you would like the speaker to discuss. If you are specific about the topic of the discussion from the very start, it can give a lot of time to the speaker to prepare the topic likewise.
- You can mention the financial outlay of the conference regarding the speaker. If you are giving any fee, mention the amount. You can also provide the details of other expenses you cover, such as accommodation, transportation and meals.
- The invitation letter should be sent 3-4 weeks before the event. Sometimes the guest speaker has many prior commitments and is not able to accept your invitation. In that case, speaker can respond to your letter by a certain date. You can also include the date you are expecting the confirmation from the speaker. You can also have a follow- up of your invitation letter on a phone call if you don't receive any confirmation by the expected date.
- Conclude your invitation by appreciating the speaker for considering your request.
- You should provide your contact information in the invitation letter so that the speaker can reach you if he has some difficulty. Contact information generally includes the phone number and email id.
You can refer the following guest speaker invitation letter:
August 24, 2010
Mr. Steve Williams
Sharing Care Foundations
44th street, Naval Yards
Dear Mr. Williams,
I am writing this letter to formally invite you, on behalf of the Board of Directors, to be the Guest Speaker at the 2010 ICFFI Conference.
The theme of this conference is "Global Warming - Threat or an Overhype". It will be held at the Fers' Conference Facility, California from November 3 to 5, 2011.
For you information, Suzz Foreman, Minister of Environment will be the opening Keynote Speaker. He will be speaking on the rise of temperature in the recent times. We will also forward to the topics covered by different speakers in the event.
We are expecting almost 150 speakers from their respective fields. Delegates from all across the world would be present at the event.
We will be looking forward to your presence at the event.
I will have a follow- up of your presence on phone next week.
President, Centre for Environmental Studies
Above guest speaker invitation letter is specifying all the information regarding the date, place and the purpose of the event. You can customize the above invitation letter as per your requirements and feasibility.