Salary Increase Proposal Letter
When it comes to asking for a hike in the salary, most of the employees prefer to shy away from speaking out their thoughts. They are afraid that they might offend their seniors. In such a case you should consider writing a salary increase letter of intent. This will give you an opportunity to pen down your accomplishments that will prove why you deserve an increase in the salary.
You have to be very careful when you write this letter.
- Choose the words very carefully. You should be very subtle in writing about your achievements. It should not sound as if you are praising yourself.
- Be brief and to the point. Do not exaggerate.
- You should be aware of the policy of the company before writing this letter.
- Ask for a hike in the salary only if you have been in the company for at least one year.
Sample Salary Increase Proposal Letter
123 North Street,
Mr. Roland Bond,
Sales AND Marketing Division,
Dear Mr. Bond,
I would like to thank you for giving me an opportunity to serve this company and become an important part of the Sales and Marketing Division of ABC Inc. The past six months have really been very challenging, especially because of recession. But all this never deterred me to work hard. I have shown results even in these trying times.
I would like to highlight some of my accomplishments that have been beneficial for the company:
- Made effective presentations that boosted the sales of the newly launched products. Our team made record sales of 20 units of the product in one month.
- Negotiated a deal with the client that brought a profit of $10000 to the company. The other teams had almost given up the hope that we would ever do business with that client.
- Made a market survey with the help of other team members that helped us realize the weaknesses and strength of the products that we sell. We also studied the current market trends to explore new business opportunities in other states. This helped our department to give a tough competition to other companies.
- Gave training to new joiners for a period of three months. These employees are contributing to the growth of the company.
- Made two business proposals for clients in the North Zone. These proposals were accepted and brought profit for the company.
- Represented the company at various seminars and conferences, along with other team members.
I will always to strive to work for the benefit of the company and play a key role in its growth. However, in spite of all my efforts, I have not been given a raise in the salary for the past two years. A hike in the salary will show that my efforts have really added value to the organization and your organization really cares for sincere employees. The increase in salary will also motivate me to work hard.
Sales and Marketing Division.