Board Member Welcome Letter
It is very difficult to be a new sheep in the herd. If you are a veteran member of the board, should know this well as you too were new some time back. It is vital for a veteran member to help the new member to settle down in his job profile and speed-up his activities. When a new board member joins, you in a role of a chairperson, should send board member welcome letter to him for welcoming him to the board, his role and responsibilities. This letter helps in new board member transitioning and informs the new buddies about the guidance mechanism in place.
Tips for writing welcome letter to board member:
- Write a welcoming note to the new member to help him acquaint with your board
- Tell about the goals and aims of the association and the scope of the development opportunities.
- Brief the new member about:
- Organizational hierarchy
- Rights, duties and responsibilities
- Business operating guidelines and how much work can he expect
- Information on acting in best interest of the association
- Induction schedule and agenda
- Availability of guidance material and mechanism and training programs
- Close with once again, welcoming him and provide him the contact information to reach the authorized person in respective circumstances.
Sample welcome letter to new board member:
25 Green Views, Bravo, CA
United States 62351 Ph: 129-856-3298
Fax: 456-789-3495 firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: January 17, 2011
#11 Mc Gee Street
CA, US 65143
Subject: Welcome to ABC association!
Dear Mr. Garcia,
I am please to take this opportunity of welcoming you to Board of ABC. We all, at ABC sincerely appreciate your interest to work with us.
Congratulations on joining a good cause and well-respected association that strives to thrust child education. ABC was founded in 1990, and is representing the interests of poor and low income family children.
Please find the enclosed Annexure-A/B/C/D for organizational hierarchy, your role and responsibilities, remuneration details and guidelines respectively. You are also suggested to stay connected with ABC at email@example.com. Alike other ABC members, you will be given a unique user name and password. Kindly log in to the website and update your profile. By keeping your status and membership up-to-date, you are eligible for all the benefits and resources available to the active members.
I strongly believe the annexure will suffice to give you an overview of the association's work process, your role and expectations from you, still if you have any queries related to your membership, kindly contact me at 444- 895- 2361.
Once again welcome to the family of ABC and hope to have a great work together and serving for our common motto. Sincerely,
A new board member welcome letter is a medium to receive a board member to the association and to familiarize him with the association, its work culture, goals and his role as a member. You may also inform about the upcoming board meeting of the association.